As a pastor’s wife, the majority of my life is involved with ministry. When I was a teenager, I knew that I would one day follow that calling. Thankfully, I have had many influencers who have taught and encouraged me on this path.
Notable pastors and staff members led by teaching solid biblical principles so I would have a strong foundation. Mentors in my teenage years helped me understand what it means to be a godly woman. Over the years, there have been many mature women, teachers, and friends who have interceded for me and given wisdom.
Who are some influencers in Scripture? The Bible is packed with people who have given their lives of faith for ministry.
- The patriarchs—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—received the promise of a multitude of descendants. Though they did not see with their physical eyes the end result, they lived a life of faith knowing it would come to pass.
- Moses obeyed God and led the children of Israel to the promised land.
- The disciples became bold witnesses for the gospel after Jesus ascended into heaven.
- Priscilla and Aquila were strong teachers of the gospel and ensured it was accurately proclaimed.
- The apostle Paul, once a persecutor of Christians, became a powerful witness for Christ and wrote much of the New Testament.
Who are you influencing for the faith?
Our Faith Connection Challenge: Consider your faith history, and identify who has influenced you to mature in the faith—pastors, teachers, leaders, and friends. Encourage others by your prayer, a personal note, or leading a Bible study. Be blessed!
Lord, we pray blessing over this precious one who is influencing their world for Christ. May their life of faith be one that encourages and draws others to You. In Your precious name, Amen.