Welcome to Connections2Excellence! I hope you are enjoying the season.
One of the symbols of Easter is the infamous Easter bunny. It is a figure many have come to love during this season. The visit of the mythical bunny is a symbol of fertility, new birth, and the celebration of spring. Children prepare for the Easter Bunny’s visit on Easter morning and its accompanying gifts of colored eggs, chocolate, and jelly beans. As we go to retail establishments, we quickly notice the delightful decorations, gifts, and custom baskets.
One of my fondest memories of my mother is her tradition of celebrating each Easter with a special bunny cake. The cake was complete with green-dyed coconut for the grass and strategically-placed jelly beans, always perfectly made for us to enjoy.
How does the Easter bunny connect to excellence? Since Easter is a Christian observance, I have adapted and included an excerpt from this article from Focus on the Family to fit our connections2excellence. It describes features of bunnies and connects each to the meaning of Easter. Please enjoy, and I hope you find these refreshing!
* Easter bunnies “are white as snow because Jesus takes all sin away (Isaiah 1:18b).”
* Easter bunnies “are gentle, kind-hearted and forgiving (Ephesians 4:32).”
* Easter bunnies “have big ears that are quick to listen (James 1:19).”
* Easter bunnies “have big eyes to look carefully and choose what is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).”
* Easter bunnies “have no voice for complaining or arguing (Philippians 2:13).”
* Easter bunnies “are quiet in prayer, but hop with thanksgiving and rejoicing (Philippians 4:4-6).”
* Easter bunnies “have big feet to go tell others about Jesus so they can be like Easter bunnies, too (Matthew 28: 19-20).”
* Easter bunnies “eat what is healthy by filling up on God’s word every day (Psalm 119:11).”
Our Connections Challenge: What descriptions did you find inspiring? Choose one or more you may put into practice for the remainder of this Easter season. For additional ideas to celebrate this season, take a moment to review the remainder of the article. Be blessed!